The Turkish Core Party is a workout based around the Turkish Getup.
3 Rounds For Time
- 30 Overhead Dumbbell Lunge
- 10 Turkish Get Up 30/25
Scaled to 25/22.5 for 12 TGU and 22.5/20 for 15 TGU. Any weight less than that 18 reps.
Turkish Get Up Tech
- Starting from standing position, db above your head (right hand) and remaining above your head for all the movements below
- Take a step back with opposing leg (left), drop into lunge position
- Lateral tilt and drop Left arm to floor
- Bring foot (under hips) out, weight on Right leg
- Sit on the floor
- Drop to your elbows
- Shoulders to the floor
Remember Technique over load. If you are going to struggle with the sequence of movements, do not get it any heavier. You may get 1 or 2 mongrel reps, but if you have the right technique, you will be able to overcome the weight. It is not the weight that will set you back, it is technique.